" 1. What’s a simple activity that consistently contributes to your positive body image?
2. What’s something you know now about body image that you didn’t know when you were 18 years old?
3. Is there anything you find yourself doing repeatedly that gets in the way of your body image?
4. Is there a body image mantra or motto (or any kind really) that you’ve found very helpful? (Gretchen uses the motto “Be Gretchen.”)
5. Have you always felt about the same level of body image, or have you been through a period when you felt exceptionally better about your body and yourself as a whole – if so, why? If you were unhappy with your body or yourself, how did you become happier?
6. Have you ever been surprised that something you expected would make you feel better about yourself, didn’t – or vice versa?"
From: Linkypoo
1) Dancing. I loooooove dancing. Just getting some beats going and doing a little hip swivel, to a full on dancing around the house party, to dancing with friends because we can, to a club. I love to dance.
2) That other people can (and do) find me attractive - some even enough to do something about it. - To clarify, I know I am a sexy motherfucker, but haven't had much blatant external response (at least not in non-creepy ways).
3) Honestly... If I am having a bad day it is FAR better if I just don't acknowledge my body. So the answer would be something like, 'acknowledging I have a body at all on bad days' or 'having bad days'. Just doooon't do it.
4) One I've found helpful though not necessarily about my body at all would be "All shall be well, All will be well, and all that is shall be well."
5) I'm pretty sure right now is the best I've felt - partially because I'm doing new things every week while climbing - getting new moves, finishing routes. But I also don't think I gave a damn when I was a kid - which is it's own kind of feeling best.
6) Definitely vice versa - 1) Didn't expect that going to a climbing gym filled with fit people would - or could- make me feel good about my body... and yet. 2) Did NOT think that getting naked with a guy would make me MORE comfortable in my skin... and yet.
w00t! My answers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment