I think what I am missing most - maybe even mourning - is the chance to experience new things.
I had a month + to get used to being alone again, and though I don't love it I can definitely deal with it better than I used to be able to. This is not to say that some hard nights aren't in my future, because to say that would be to lie.
But in an odd way having had the experience of being with someone has made it easier to be with myself.
Which is funny, because being with me made it HARDER for Guy to be by himself. Though it is far more about him being uncomfortable in his own head and me possibly being the catalyst for him realizing it.
Short version is... he and I won't be doing anymore funstuff. We will be friends, as long as he wasn't lying to me when we talked the other night, and the only way I will be able to determine that is for time to pass.
So yes, the lost opportunities are what I am mourning/missing.
No comments:
Post a Comment